Introduction…Who doesn’t love free resources that will make your self-storage operation purr like a kitten and kick out gobs of cash? —that is, a no-brainer!
Here is a list of free marketing resources of which self-storage can take advantage:
- Free Facebook marketing posting company advertisement to groups where people may need storage. Examples include… Garage sales listings, antique sales listing, flea market listings, and dealers of household items
- Email marketing to current and prospective tenants with Mail Chimp which is free
- Ask for referrals from existing customer…one property had a drawing each month with a prize for those who made referrals
- Sponsor a charity event one property held garage sales with those who participating making a charitable donation and promoted through local chamber of commerce and actually picked up additional tenants
- Optimize website for local search improvement with long-tail keywords
- insert promotions in monthly billing statements at little cost
- Monthly print newsletter this one is not free, but can worth the investment
- Add phone number and website on property sign or side of building
In conclusion...The best marketing strategy uses multiple strategies. My experience after reviewing dozens of self-storage properties is most use one maybe two marketing approaches. One large property that had 500 vacancies was using only one strategy. I love my competition. It is soon easy to out produce them.