Intduction…You have probably heard that sea going shipping containers are being used to build houses. And now apartments. And now self-storage.
Beautiful shipping containers…The above architects’ rendering is to be a new 1,017 unit CubeSmart Self-Storage in Pearland, Texas. The property will be 95,565 rental square feet on three stories. It will also included 24-hour surveillance, electronic access control, climate control, and as customer service office.
Why shipping containers?…One estimate says the U.S. has over 30 million unused shipping containers sitting on the ground waiting for a second life.
The compelling benefits to the developer and owner are:
- Construction costs reduced by up to 50%
- Construction time reduced by six months
- Occupancy to positive cash flow reduced by 45%
- Sea going shipping containers are almost indestructible
- You don’t have to worry about hail damage in Texas
From the investor/owner’s point of view…we get positive cash flow faster at a 50% reduced cost. ROI can be greatly enhanced.
What you can do to participate in this better building model…
If you own or have access to a tract of land that generally meets the following criteria, let’s talk now:
- 5,000 cars per day passing site
- $50,000 median household income
- Rental rates in the area around $1 psf
- Suitable zoning
- Viability from road or highway
In summary…Let’s build some highly profitable and beautiful container self-storage properties. Send your inquiry to email@example.com.