By: Bill Moist, MS, CPA
Introduction…Misinformation is the worst enemy of those planning for retirement. Here are three critical items you have not been told before by the news media.
- Here is a shocking report according to Dalbar Research- the company that researches the Mutual Fund industry. The average annualized returns over the last 20 years:
- The stock market has increased 4.9%
- Junk bonds 8%
- The average investor (asset allocation model) annualized 2.1%
- Inflation averaged 2.2%
- How did the most left leaning election 4 years ago affect the market?
- Dow then 14,000
- Now 18,400 (a 31% increase)
- Before the great recession 140 million jobs
- Now 150 million jobs
- Now 5.5 million jobs unfilled and many of these are good jobs.
Not arguing for a left leaning government, but those changes
tend to be longer term. In comparison, we are still less left
leaning than Europe or Asia. U.S. investing has become a
safe haven for foreign investors. Recommendation…Avoid
making financial decisions solely on election returns as it’s
- The best asset classes 15 year returns in order:
Real estate investment trusts (with self-storage REIT at the very top of the list)
- Emerging market equity
- High yield bonds
- Small cap
- Large cap
- Asset allocation funds- what average investor uses
Conclusion…These rankings change with the time being calculated. But, real estate has been the top performer for 20 years. And Self-storage REITs have been the best segment in that class.
Take action now… You owe to yourself to find out how one of the Forbes 400 built his fortune on self-storage. To discover what he knows, click here to “Get Little Known Secrets For Steady Income” FREE. At self-storageinsider.com
Reference: Networth Radio Show, Spenser McCown Group, August 26, 2016
This is Bill Moist, MS, CPA speaking Avoid Average Investor Sink Holes