Introduction...Self-storage facility may not be the first place you would expect to create community and connections, but great managers and owners are doing just that.
Community created...I visited one facility that was for sale west of Fort Worth. It was an older property in need of some repair. And yet the owner created community and connections which resulted in higher occupancy and rental rates than the Class A property a few hundred yards away.
Many self-storage facilities in hurricane-ravaged areas are extending help to their community. Expect to hear stories of help and goodwill during the lengthy clean-up and rebuilding process.
Creating community and connections...Here is the short list of ways we can create community and connections with our self-storage staff and managers:
- Support and raise funds for local charities
- Creating connections with local business partners, chambers of commerce, and service organizations through volunteering
- Creating connections through marketing relevant and engaging communications
- Creating connections through social media inviting local content
- Practicing the Golden Rule as Rotary so eloquently reminds business leaders each week
Conclusion...Any business can be used for good or evil purposes. It’s up to owners and managers to set the best direction that impacts the local community in the most positive direction. Yes, even self-storage facilities are “Creating Community And Connections.”